Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Yard Sale to Benefit Salemtown Neighbors

Last year's very successful Salemtown Neighbors yard sale, which raised a nice wad of cash for the association, inspired S-townWife to get the ball rolling again this year. She and other members have orchestrated this year's yard sale in two parts. The first part will happen this Saturday, May 20th. It will be held on the big yard at 1601 5th Av. N. (corner of 5th and Hume), and it will begin at 7:00 a.m. The Missus and I are putting in some good stuff again this year, including an old breakfast table that I sanded, stained, and finished myself; hard to part with, but it's for a good cause. The second yard sale is tentatively scheduled for June; I'll pass on more details as they become firm.

05/18/2006, 11:15 p.m. Clarification: S-townWife just told me that some of our proceeds will go to Salemtown Neighbors. The other portion from our personal sales is going to defray the cost of knee surgery (torn ACL and cartlidge) that she is scheduled to have in early June. I think that the latter is a pretty decent cause, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment