Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Check Is in the Mail

Yesterday I received the first $100 for the Google Ads that run on Enclave, and to fulfill an earlier pledge I sent a $100 check over to Friends of Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park. Here is the text of the letter enclosed with the check:
For the past two years I have authored a neighborhood-based weblog called "Enclave: Nashville North-by-Northwest." The purpose of the "blog" has been to focus on issues of concern to residents of the North End of our city and to provide a place for dialogue between those neighbors, organizers, planners, developers, and other leaders.

Recently, I pledged to my readers to donate the first $100 that I earned from the clickable ads displayed on my blog to your worthwhile charity. Today I received that first payment from Google Ads, and in fulfillment of my pledge, I am passing this check on to FBCMSP leaders to apply to the organization's very worthwhile mission of preserving the North End's premiere green space.

I trust that this money will help in some small way make the North End a better place to live, to work, and to visit by enhancing the jewel that is the Bicentennial Mall. And so, I am pleased to be able to make this donation to the organization's trustees. All that I ask is that you send me a receipt to verify that the donation has reached the appropriate stewards. I also hope that you will consider my donation as a vote of confidence in your worthwhile efforts.
Thanks to the ad-clicking readers who made this donation possible. I would encourage everyone to join Friends of Bicentennial Mall and, if you are able, I hope that you will consider making your own contribution to this valuable organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment