Saturday, May 03, 2008

AT&T's Tentacles Laced Throughout Tennessee Government

R. Neal is on top of two Tennessean stories on the personal connections and telecommunications cronyism in the General Assembly and and in the Governor's Office. When it comes to corporate control over the public broadcast infrastructure, let's just throw ethics out the top-floor window, shall we? There's enough money to go around for Comcast, AT&T, and our elected officials.

What a seething nest of utter turpitude this "private-public partnership" is.

Now we see why AT&T got most everything it wanted and left Tennessee consumers with practically nothing.

2 comments:

  1. first let me say my father is a honorable man. I honestly don't think that it occurred to him with the full relation to declare rule 13, one my mother and I rarely get to see my father while he is in session due to the fact he gets to nashville by 7 to respond to constituents letters and emails, review his agenda and bills for the day as well as the fact he stays late and works or leaves the senate and goes to numerous political events in his district before coming home. My dad never once thought about how my mom worked for the former cingular wireless and now the wireless side of at&t. when I would talk to my father he would be so excited about the bill having potential and moving somewhere. He honestly thinks that it will be a positive change for the community and especially within the rural communitys. When a bill comes to a vote my father always yold me when I decide to get into politics you never vote for what your personal opinion might be, you set aside your personal opinion and vote on what you feel the constituents would vote for and what is best for the community that you are represented. that is what you are elected to do.
    Thanks,
    Kelsey Ketron

    ReplyDelete
  2. wel aint that just sweet, takin up 4 your daddy
    -Quin!!-

    ReplyDelete