Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Green Permit for Sustainable Design Development Bill Passes

Thanks to a Green Permit Task Force and to CM Mike Jameson, builders may now apply for a "Green Permit," by which the Council Office stipulates:
the department of codes administration would be required to issue a “green” certificate of occupancy if the applicant provides proof of certification by an outside organization as a sustainable building. For residential development, the applicant would have to submit proof of certification from either the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED certification program or the EarthCraft House green building program. Commercial developments would be required to provide proof of LEED certification, as well as compliance with the U.S. Green Building Council’s water conservation qualifier, which requires that the building reduce water consumption by twenty percent.

No comments:

Post a Comment