Thursday, August 14, 2008

CM Blogs Open Letter to Constitutents on Bells Bend Development

CM Emily Evans acknowledges that some of her constituents were present at the Planning Commission meeting tonight as she was, and she wants them to understand what her obligations as their elected representative are:
Since the May Town project, which proposes to host about 40,000 people during the work day, would be about 3 miles from my district, I think I have two obligations in this debate. First, I need to ask as many questions as I can with the goal of seeing that the concerns of my constituents are addressed. Second, I need to keep an open mind as those answers unfold and reserve judgement on the project until all the facts, such as they are, come in.
That second one may be particularly challenging, given her observation that many seemed solid with the "Bells Bendians."

No comments:

Post a Comment