Sunday, August 10, 2008

Did Bloggers Bail on East End's Tomato Art Fest?

So, I'm surveying the local blogs this weekend for some reviews on yesterday's Tomato Art Fest, because for the first time in 3 or 4 years, we chose an even better option rather than making our way over to join their revelries as usual, and I wanted to see if our loss was great.

But you know what? I can only find one blogger who wrote about the festival, which--though smaller--is hipper and younger than Oktoberfest held over in our part of town.

Did local bloggers choose other activities? Were they not sufficiently impressed? Or am I just not patient enough to wait for the coming Tomato Fest blogstorm?

5 comments:

  1. You're not patient enough. :) I know of at least 10 bloggers who were there, including me. So far I just have one video up, from one of the events. Basically, I'm just worn out -- I organized the booths for the event this year.

    More soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura may be right. I didn't go, but I read tweets from a dozen or so people on Twitter while they were at the festival. Then again, they may have tweeted instead of posting to their blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a few seconds of poorly produced cell phone video too.

    I wonder if they should set up a wireless cloud for bloggers next year. Sounds like a golden sponsorship opportunity to me.

    - Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to add, I'm in Hoots and I read about all the revelry on Twitter for the Tomato Fest. And Laura has been blogging about it for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems as if most of the blogger conversation took place already via Twitter:

    http://search.twitter.com/search?q=tomato+fest

    ReplyDelete