Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Halfway Through the Debate

So, far it's a tie on my scorecard. Obama has handled economics about as expected, is poised and took it to McCain when necessary. McCain seems a lot less bristly and has not resorted to personal attacks, a la Lipstuck. However, he completely failed to answer the first question on the environment. Spent nuclear fuel rods? C'mon.

I watched the first half on MSNBC, so I missed that graphical uncommitted voter meter on CNN.

Advantage: Obama, because all things being equal, Dems more effectively represent change (even though Dems have been in control of Congress since 2006).


UPDATE: I fail to understand the media hype about how John McCain thrives in town hall meeting venues. He's not that sparkling to me, and Obama does not appear comparatively weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment