Sunday, April 12, 2009

BREAKING: Shooting in Salemtown, Possibly Drug-Related



I heard three gun shots ring out behind my house around 9:00 tonight and saw a dark figure running from the alley toward Morgan Park. I ran out my door in time to see a silver & black Suburban-type SUV haul off toward Downtown, turning on Van Buren Street.

One of my neighbors on 6th reports to have witnessed the shooting at a house on 1612 6th, which is one some of us here have suspected to be a center of drug dealing. The victim of the shooting is apparently going to be okay. He was shot in the arm, the leg, and his chest was grazed in the chest by a bullet.

According to Metro Planning maps, the property at 1612 6th is owned by Jeffrey Hale of Hendersonville. Metro's owner history lists Mr. Hale as owner a couple of other times between other owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment