Friday, October 30, 2009

One simple question for Metro Council Member at-Large Ronnie Steine

A simple yes-or-no query I e-mailed CM Steine Thursday morning:
Do [you] intend to push the matter of overspending in the Parks budget through until neighborhood community and nature centers suffer further cuts in open hours and staffing?

I haven't yet heard back from him and I doubt I ever will, even though I am a constituent. I grow more persuaded that electing at-Large council members is a bad idea. They effectively become tools of industry and finance, exclusive representatives of moneyed interests.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds surprisingly similar to Councilwoman Murray who rarely condescends to return a phone call to a constituent. Has this practice become an occupational by-product of being a council member? With any luck, Ms. Murray will lose her position after the November 12th election.

    ReplyDelete