Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Coffee with Coop

Readers:

Congressman Jim Cooper has scheduled a coffee klatch with several Nashville bloggers this weekend and I've been invited. According to Rep. Cooper's spokesperson, this is intended to be "a frank conversation" where "no topics are off-limits" and "everything is on the record". I've got some issues I would like to raise if there is a chance, but if you have questions or comments that you believe should be posed to him, please either comment below or send me an email.

Part of my goal in blogging is to "crowdsource" important issues, so I'm always looking to the brainstormers who read Enclave because of their interest in hyper-local issues to help me out. As always, thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is great. Don't pull any punches, there are so many things he should answer for: his support of the NDAA and SOPA(does he understand either?); his obsession with the deficit, including the monstrous Simpson-Bowles deficit-reduction plan, and austerity economics, which has been a disaster each and every time in history it has been tried; his continued calls to reduce so-called 'entitlements' like Social Security; his continued support for a for-profit healthcare system; the list goes on and on.

    I have no doubt you will hold his feet to the fire and ask the pointed questions that need to be asked. I can't wait to get a rundown.

    ReplyDelete