Friday, January 11, 2013

Draft of the Salemtown Conservation Overlay proposal is online

Jump to the draft. (If you have problems opening the document, keep trying. Metro has been revising their website).

I'm hearing that developers are not happy with this (in other news, dog bites man!), and I understand that CM Erica Gilmore met this week with leaders at the the Historic Zoning Commission to talk about shrinking the boundaries of the participating property owners in response to the opposition.

I'm not opposed to overlays as such, but I'm not happy with the inappropriate mess that was the 2012 survey to collect the community's feedback on this overlay proposal.

I welcome your thoughts and questions in the comment section below after you read the draft. Unlike some, I'm an advocate for transparency in gathering feedback on this proposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment