Sunday, October 30, 2011

My message to Erica Gilmore on Mike Jameson

Several days ago I sent the following email to CM Gilmore on the subject of Mike Jameson's candidacy for General Sessions Court Judge:

I write to ask you to please support Mike Jameson to fill the General Session Court opening for Judge.

With his extensive legal background and law practice, as well as his service to our community as a Metro Council member, Mr. Jameson is more than qualified to sit as Judge in Davidson County courts.

I first got to know him 10 years ago when he was my council member in East Nashville (we moved to Salemtown in 2004). Mr. Jameson has never failed to impress me as one of the more thoughtful, intelligent, respectful, balanced, fair-minded, and principled leaders in Nashville. He also won my admiration by fighting good fights that others shied away from. I cannot imagine him ever failing to do the right thing.

When it comes time to vote on a replacement to GS Court, I hope that you will cast yours for Mike Jameson.

Thank you for your consideration of my views.

No comments:

Post a Comment