Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Curby Is Still In My Dog House

One of these days when I have more time on my hands and less spring cleaning demands, I'm going to pen a long post on how counterproductive Metro's recycling program has been in my neighborhood.

Don't get me wrong. I believe that environmental concerns and commitments to recycling are important, but Curby just plain sucks. It gives recycling a black eye. You can line up BURNT devotees from the old thermal site downtown to my front door and not one of them could present a single cogent argument to convince me otherwise.

So, am I impressed in the least that Curby is going to start taking plastic bottles? You better believe I am not. My recycling cart continues to sit in the alley, unused by me. Dust is collecting on top of the trash that was thrown in it by whoever owned it before it got rudely dumped off a Curby truck last fall with no communication or warning.

More details on issues with Curby later ...

No comments:

Post a Comment