Wednesday, May 18, 2005

A Spin Off

It seems that a renegade tire broke from the herd at the 6th Ave. Tire Dump. I have watched its progress for the past few days. I have never seen the source of its mobility, so I'll leave that for the reader to surmise.

However, each time I have seen this lone roller, it's been at progressively farther distances from the pack than the previous sighting. First, I saw it at various places in the alley, getting closer and closer to the thoroughfare. Then one day, I saw it laying on the Werthan Packing Plant property. Yesterday, I saw it on the edge of Morgan Park laying on 4th Ave, so I took a picture of it.

The little used tire that could. Photograph by S-townMike. Posted by Hello
If I would have known that this would have turned into an odyssey, I would have taken pictures daily to map its escape. If the saga continues and the tire appears in any spot farther than 4th Ave., I'll snap another shot and update all of those who are no doubt sitting on the edges of their seats and straining to see how this ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment