Monday, May 26, 2008

I Scream. You Scream. Don't Scream at the Bad Humor Man

I've never trusted those gaudy, sticker-covered ice cream vans that drive around our neighborhood (maybe you have them, too). Deep down inside I've always worried that they were fronts for drug sales or for pedophiles to prey on children. Yesterday evening I found out that they at the very least pack heat along with the will to bring it.

One of our neighborhood teens (whom I've never had the slightest cross feeling toward) got into an argument last night with a passing ice cream truck driver. As the ugly white van with faded multi-colored decals drove off around a corner someone stuck a handgun out of the vehicle's window and fired shots into the air, sending kids running. As far as we know, no one was injured.

Don't patronize those ice cream vans, unless you want bullets over Breyers.

3 comments:

  1. We all loved the movie Friday, didn't we? Big Wyrm!!!

    And the music - oh god the MUSIC!!!

    These ice cream trucks certainly can be shady, but there are a couple in East Nashville that are not - they are run by families with small children serving the ice cream. I only buy from those ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone knows of some of the ice cream truck companies, can you please let me know. My daughter is really wanting one to come to our neighborhood. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont know about the ice cream truck, but a white F-150 is cruising your neighborhood everyday selling everything but ice-cream.

    ReplyDelete