Friday, May 23, 2008

Man Bites Dog

Paper writes Dean-critical article.

I've already dealt with the Mayor's tame, no-brainer defense that schools and crime are neighborhood issues. That's self-evident. I don't see any boldness in the Dean Administration for balancing development and community. For every action the Mayor's Office takes to make schools better and to prevent crime, untrammeled development growth threatens to undermine those priorities.

I do acknowledge that one of the brighter spots has been MOON Director Brady Banks, whom I've seen at a number of community meetings. We still need to see a more comprehensive policy on balancing growth and infrastructure rather than Karl Dean's practice of dealing with development on a case-by-case basis, which is exactly the way the developers whom I talk to want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment