Friday, May 23, 2008

Spring is Mostly Gone and Still No Word on Bicentennial Mall Security Improvements

We are less than a month away from the summer solstice, and there has been no news on any state plan to provide new security measures for Bicentennial Mall in the wake of a rape there last fall. So, I penned another letter this morning to State Senator Thelma Harper, who originally assured me that changes were coming last November and who told WSMV that changes were coming this Spring.

The following letter joins the half dozen I've already sent her in the past 9 months (click on image to enlarge):



Germantown officers have been told that changes are coming next fall, but I have not been able to get Senator Harper's office to confirm that, and I have not a clue as to why the G-town leadership should take that information on its face given that no commitment made so far has been honored by the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment