Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Report: Clinton & Obama Covet Edwards' Endorsement

TPM reports:
Joe Trippi just confirmed to me by phone that the Hillary and Obama campaigns are already working overtime to woo Edwards to their sides -- even before his official dropout speech.

"They're banging down the doors," Trippi told me.

"I don't expect him to do anything today," Trippi said. "His will be a very coveted endorsement. He's got a fairly large following in the party, both on line and off, and I can't think of anybody else who would be bigger or more coveted."

Asked if an endorsement was possible before Feb. 5, something that could have a huge impact, Trippi declined to rule out the possibility. "I'll let him speak to that himself," Trippi said.
More power to John Edwards and his movement of progressive voters, which is just as significant as any other campaign in this election cycle. He's finally getting the props he's been due, but failed to get:

No comments:

Post a Comment