Friday, September 09, 2005

Possible Garfield St. Burglar Hunted By Police

Last night as we were tucking ourselves in bed, we heard a helicopter flying low over the neighborhood back and forth. I got up and walked out to the front porch to see what I could see. The chopper was circling over Garfield St., shining its intense spot light in each nook and cranny on the ground as it passed.

S-townWife called police dispatch to see if there was a cause for us to be alarmed or vigilant. Dispatch replied that there was a possible burglary on Garfield, that the helicopter probably had a light duty night, and that it was probably just backing up patrol officers on the ground.

I contacted the Central Precinct this morning and asked for more details, but I have not heard back from them yet. I'll update once I get a response.

No comments:

Post a Comment