Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Burning a Hole in My Virtual Pocket

Alright, ya'll. I'm looking for suggestions. I have just received revenues from Enclave's Google ads and as usual I'm looking to donate the money to a worthy and legitimate cause that strengthens the neighborhoods in the North End. I had initially responded to a fundraising effort for a neighborhood kids football team, but the fundraiser fumbled the snap on that one. So, now I've got a couple of other ideas, but I thought I would throw it open to suggestions of readers.

Any ideas of worthy non-profits or charities in the North End that could use a $100 donation? Organizations receiving Enclave donations in the past two years include Nashville Jazz Workshop, Fisk University, and Friends of the Nashville Farmers Market. I intend to make a decision in the next few days, so if you have ideas let me know sooner rather than later.

3 comments:

  1. I hear the Tennessee Democratic Party has a few great ideas for $100. I'm just not sure what they are or where to read anything about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a good meeting with the Neighborhood Resource Center, located on 3rd Avenue North in Germantown. They were just collecting information on SNNA to improve their ability to work with us and other neighborhoods effectively. I notice they accept donations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I volunteer at Southern Girls Rock and Roll Camp and it is a completely worthy cause for a donation [Ok, so I'm a little biased]. We are located in Murfreesboro but reach the entire surrounding area and have girls age 10-17 show up to camp from all over middle Tennessee. The basis rundown of the camp is a week long day camp in the summer that teaches young girls self confidence and skills in music and arts such as songwriting, photography, zine making, D.I.Y. crafts, etc. At the end of the week there is a huge, professional quality concert for all the campers to perform the songs they have been practicing for all week during camp. It's an amazing organization and offers a lot to the community that many people haven't even realized yet.

    You can find more info at the website- www.sgrrc.org

    Thanks!
    -jenny

    ReplyDelete