Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Dispatch from a Washington Insider Country Club

The wealthy Republicans; they did not like the results:
"What language do they speak in Kenya? Maybe I should get a book," said Ed Sellman of Falls Church. "I'd sure like to see his birth certificate."

"I guess there're not too many plumbers in Ohio after all," said Robert W. Farquhar of Burke. With McCain's prospects ebbing, Republicans in Fairfax County turned their hopes to keeping Democrats from winning a filibuster-proof majority of 60 seats in the Senate. "No 60 votes!" Del. David B. Albo said. "Then you know you're reaching low for a reason to party."

A few minutes after Fox News called the election for Obama, the bar was ordered to close and the big-screen TVs were turned off. "McCain should sue for all the votes stolen by ACORN," said Alex Sutono of Vienna. "I don't believe those numbers. It's not over. It's not over."

1 comment:

  1. "I don't believe those numbers. It's not over. It's not over."

    This reminds me of a scene near the end of the movie "Trading Places" with Dan Ackroyd and Eddie Murphy:

    Mortimer Duke: "Now, you listen to me! I want trading reopened right now. Get those brokers back in here! Turn those machines back on! Turn those machines back on!"

    People who live and work in Washington DC appear to be both releived and happy with the election outcome. Some people who live in Virginia and work in Washington appear to be pretty miserable. (tears, in some cases)

    ReplyDelete