Tuesday, November 11, 2008

GOP Moves to the Southern Margin

The NY Times has a devastating piece this morning on how last Tuesday's election results reduced the Republican Party from national to regional, representing the worst racist elements in Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee. Sitting behind the wake of a new era in American politics where racism is in retreat is not serving Tennessee well. And I sure don't see a silver lining for progressive Tennesseans, especially the 60% of us in Davidson County who vote for positive change.

1 comment:

  1. Yes siree, it sure is difficult being progressive here. Even a trip to lunch with local co-workers is uncomfortable with Rush on the car radio, and racist emails plopping into my inbox. Thanks: I'll meet you there. I also think that a certain percentage of my relocated co-workers moved here to smoke (a LOT) and vote GOP.

    ReplyDelete