Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Hopes Are High in Knoxville

Michael Silence has hopes that hyper-local blogging will come to Knoxville in 2009. I happen to believe that it is one of the most underestimated and potentially fruitful niches of online communication available. Media outlets and their blogs tend to ignore neighborhood issues. That leaves more room for hyper-local bloggers who are more than embedded in their subject.


UPDATE:  Christian Grantham advises in the comments that he would like to be considered an exception to my statement about media outlet blog tendencies away from neighborhoods.

1 comment:

  1. I don't read a lot of media outlets and their blogs other than ours, but I do know I link to your blog regularly on neighborhood issues, including your coverage of the noise ordinance, bells bend, etc. I even link to you on national content. I enjoy Nashville's hyperlocal blogs, even if there are only a handful. I don't any other media outlets here that do that, but it would be great if there were more.

    ReplyDelete