Monday, May 03, 2010

Photos: The last 2010 Nashville flood picture Metro allowed me to take of Central Wastewater Treatment plant

I took these photos shortly after 3:00p from the 2nd Avenue North road block Metro Water Services had set up to keep traffic out of the Cumberland River area. As you can see, the flooding river has totally breached the embankment I stood on this morning to make photos, as well as covered Cement Plant Road.

As I snapped these, a MWS truck drove up and told the security guard need needed to move the road block about 2 blocks farther away to Van Buren Street, so I feel fortunate to have taken these when I did. Reports are circulating that the treatment plant is now inundated and no longer operating. Reportedly sewerage is flowing into the Cumberland River.



No comments:

Post a Comment