Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My Greatest Neighborhood Disappointment of 2006

I was really buoyed this past summer when Salemtown and Germantown leaders came together to develop plans to form a joint Germantown-Salemtown Committee on proposed Morgan Park renovations. The last word I heard on these plans in July was that it was pending Historic Germantown board approval. I was one of those S-towners to be on the park committee, but we waited on our side of the court for a return that never came. So, I don't know whether the plans were disapproved or they just never made it to the board. Now with Morgan Park renovation plans said to be going forward, it seems too late to collaborate and that seems like a profoundly lost opportunity to coordinate the interests of two neighborhood groups conjoined at Morgan Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment