Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Shouldn't It Cross His Mind?

A developer with the May Town Center team responded unapologetically and indignantly to suggestions that full disclosure at a public hearing of the Planning Commission was not beneath him:
I did not identify myself because all of the Planning Commissioners already know who I am and need no introduction and because I am a citizen of Nashville with a right to speak on my own behalf independent of my affiliations. It didn't even cross my mind to describe my background.
I don't see how any public individual asking for political exceptions to current rules and inviting various audiences in different places to consider him a source on the facts about a development from which he stands to profit can get away with a cavalier ethical attitude nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment