Monday, October 22, 2007

Germantown Overlay Public Hearing TOMORROW

The Historic Zoning Commission is having a Public Hearing tomorrow on the Germantown Historic Overlay that Council Member Erica Gilmore first introduced and then deferred, saying that she intended to have a community meeting on it.

Thanks to Rob Robinson for the heads up; despite the fact that I live a stone's throw from where the overlay would extend, this is the first time I am hearing of the Hearing. You would think that Public Hearings would be more widely communicated. If anybody has any insight into the reasons for the hearing and the lack of publicity, I'm all ears and eyes. Spill.


UPDATE: Germantown leaders tell me that this is the final part of the Commission's approval process. It is being presented publicly in its final version; not unexpected, just not widely broadcast.

1 comment:

  1. I live in Germantown, and this is the first I've heard about this final reading.

    ReplyDelete