Saturday, December 27, 2008

Kay Brooks is in a show-me state

Kay Brooks is once again carrying the water for a council member who helped Davidson County Republicans assign her a seat on the School Board without consulting her constituents a while back:
Show me a 'major firm with diverse employees' that wants to move into Nashville. Just show me one who is seriously considering taking Nashville out of consideration based on Nashville requiring its official business be conducted in English. Just one. I'll wait

Oh yeah? Show me one onerous, expensive problem that is caused when Metro employees, who ought to be free from micromanagement, speak to immigrants in their own language, if they are able and they choose to. Just show me one major burden such a personal courtesy has placed on Metro taxpayers, particularly to the same degree that Eric Crafton has been burning through Metro resources for the past two years resurrecting English Only time after time. Just one. I won't be holding my breath.


UPDATE: Did I mention that Kay Brooks is also comparing herself to the Mayor? That is one flight of fancy.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, the silence is deafening. Seems that the "pro-English" group cannot come up with a single example of an expensive problem caused by Metro employees who choose to speak a foreign language to constituents.

    You win.

    ReplyDelete