Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Busy Blotter

Salemtown experienced a mini-crime-cluster last night, according to the neighborhood e-mail trail.
  1. About 5:30 p.m. several of us heard what sounded like two gun shots somewhere in the vacinity of 5th and 7th Avenues. At least one person who called the police was told that someone had been shot and that all residents should stay inside their homes. I don't currently have any other details from the police on the shooting, and there was no media coverage that I have seen.

  2. At about 12:30 this morning I heard yelling and saw blue lights outside of our house. I went to the window and I saw police talking with a man outside of his car during a traffic stop. At one point a woman tried to approach them and someone yelled at her to get back in her car. One of the neighbors reported that an officer told him that it was a domestic disturbance between a wife and a husband that started in Bellevue and ended in Salemtown.

  3. A neighbor on 6th reported that she witnessed a man park his pick-up truck in the wee early morning hours while it was raining, get out, and walk a half a block to a construction site with a power drill in hand. The gray, beat-up truck had no license plates. The man returned, saw the neighbor, and drove off in his truck in the direction opposite of the construction site. We have had a number of HVACs stolen from Salemtown construction sites.

1 comment:

  1. At the same time some dork stole my Metro Works trash can AND a gasoline jug which I use to refuel my lawnmower.

    Freakin retarded.

    ReplyDelete