Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Enclave to Donate $190 to Fisk Challenge Grant

Metro Council Member Erica Gilmore has declared March 19 "Fisk Day," and she is encouraging everyone in District 19 to make a donation of some variation of "19" ($.19, $19, $190, $1,900, etc.) to Fisk University's Mellon Foundation Challenge Grant in order to raise matching funds for the struggling northwest Nashville institution. I have decided to contribute all of the proceeds from Enclave's ad sales since my last community donation to the Challenge Grant drive. Google Ads owes me about $140 (for Enclave ads clicked since their last check), and my family will contribute $50 more to get to $190 in celebration of Fisk Day.

Fisk University is a northwest Nashville jewel, and I fully support its mission to provide "ethical leadership and engagement in our local and global communities." Because it is smaller than the other private universities in Nashville, even modest donations can make a difference. I hope that Enclave readers will join me by making their own "19" donations to fund Fisk, so that we can all continue to benefit from her continuing legacy. How to do so after the jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment