Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Passing of One of the Finest Governors Ever

Governor Ann Richards of the Great State of Texas has moved on to greener pastures. I'll miss her spittin' fire wit and her ability to break down any door that was shut in her face. She once used Ginger Rogers as a metaphor for women, saying that she could do everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and on high heels. As the father of two daughters, I thank Ann for making this a better world for them to do what they will. Hats off; she's passing on.

2 comments:

  1. I said to my boss today, "She was one of my heroes." He said, "Well she wasn't one of mine." He did then have some nice things to say about her, but I think he missed my point -- I wasn't necessarily commenting on her political positions [as he initially was] but on the barrier-shattering you mention here. I could only hope to have such grace, wit and fire, seemingly in equal proportion and available at her call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored Ann Richards and was very sad to hear that she passed away. Her marvelous handshake was like a mirror into he soul. She'll be missed.

    ReplyDelete