Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Lighting The Hot Stove: Prince Is Gone For Good

Pitchers and catchers are due to report to Major League Baseball's Spring Training in about 3 weeks and I've got XM Satellite Radio and its coverage of MLB to keep me going sportswise until then.

On tonight's broadcast of MLB Live, Milwaukee Brewers GM Gord Ash talked up Prince Fielder. Milwaukee is the parent club of the Nashville Sounds. Ash said that last year's Brewers 1B Lyle Overbay was traded in order to make room for Prince to be their everyday 1B in 2006.

I feel very fortunate that I saw some mammoth homeruns hit at Greer last year by Prince, including one that almost smacked my vehicle, but it looks like we will not ever see him again banging pitches out of the yard in Nashville.

No comments:

Post a Comment