Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Ironic Media Quote of the Day

Histrionics, exaggerations, and braying political proclamations [of bloggers] are signs of overwhelming self-importance and an easy way to ruin a thirst for knowledge.

- - Reporter Jason Shawhan, who could have just as easily been describing a couple of past Nashville Scene articles I've read

... and as if judging the "Best of Nashville" was not itself a braying exercise in self-importance. Excuse me while I button the flap in my pajama bottoms.

1 comment:

  1. The last time I saw Shawhan he was selling me a movie ticket. Now, I'm not one to knock someone's profession, but if you are going to insinuate that hundreds of locals don't function as well as another blogger (one of your co-workers--not mentioned, natch), you'd best be doing something more lucrative and respected than tearing my freaking movie stub.

    ReplyDelete