Saturday, October 07, 2006

I Heart October

There is definitely something about the harvest moon and the first two weekends in October that I find energizing. October Weekend I includes our annual trip to Farmers Market to pick out pumpkins and--starting this year--huge domes of mums from Gardens of Babylon to plant for the fall. There are so many other events around Nashville this weekend; it looks like many others are energized by it, too. October Weekend II is, of course, Oktoberfest, which we look forward to with excitement, especially if chilly weather is a possibility. In the meantime, here's to pumpkins and mums and feeling good and worn out after decking the house with fall adornment.



1 comment:

  1. So I paid $5 for 3 HUGE mums today at the Farmers Market (normally $10 for one),...guess it pays to show up right before closing:) I love October,...I feel like everday is a holiday. Wish autumn could last forever,...I think I could be one of those half-full type of people:)

    ReplyDelete