Friday, April 18, 2008

Beer Consumption and Gardening Tip of the Week

Budweiser Select is a better slugocide than Rolling Rock.

I found almost twice as many slugs in the pans of Bud Sel that I put in the garden last night than I did in the pans of Rolling that I put out the night before last. Moreover, snails with shells were also attracted to Bud Sel (which I picked up on a hunch from the MetroCenter Exxon last night); S-townWife's already stocked Rolling took out no shelled slimers.

These are unscientific results that may have as much to do with location and flora. Rolling was placed alongside unplanted ligularia. Bud Sel was placed in less exposed area next to established hostas.

But for now, I'll leave the Rolling Rock for the wife. Whenever I make my beer runs to drown slugs and snails (they like the yeast, but hate the lack of oxygen), it will always be Budweiser Select, Anheuser-Busch, St. Louis.

1 comment:

  1. One of the things I've never liked about Bud is that it's always seemed too sweet. Rolling Rock on the other hand, very light and dry. Maybe the slugs are going for the sugar?

    ReplyDelete