Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Philosopher in East Nashville

Chad Lykins writes a blog from East Nashville on the daily challenges of a married triathlete raising a child and tackling not one but two dissertations. Modest Meliorism reads a little like an East Ender's Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: whether finding an honest neighborhood bike mechanic, discovering a crash course that that answers every existential quandary, discussing Richard Rorty with Peter Hare at Boscos, or pondering the hoola-hooper of Shelby Bottoms.

As a person who has had the "privilege" (a term that I use loosely) of finishing one dissertation, I can say that two dissertations would have hung me out to dry. I won't attempt to speak for other dissertators, but my dissertation seemed like a volume-by-committee and I seemed like the committee's secretary.

1 comment:

  1. Mike,

    Thanks for reading. I've followed your blog now for a couple of years and have always enjoyed it.

    Cheers,

    Chad

    ReplyDelete