Friday, May 19, 2006

NPR Interviews S-townMike

While leaving the ballpark design forum at the library earlier this afternoon, I was stopped by a sprinting National Public Radio reporter for my reaction to the expansion of minor league baseball in cities like Nashville. She is working on a story about several minor league towns and their fans views of the sport.

She asked for my thoughts on the part that minor league sports play for cities like Nashville that major leagues sports could not. She asked for my thoughts on how the new Nashville Sounds ballpark would enhance Downtown development. She asked for my thought about "failed" attempts in the 1980s to revitalize urban areas and how current revitalization efforts are different. She asked whether I had any reservations about the ballpark.

The story is supposed to run at some as yet undisclosed time later in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment