Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I Hate Comcast

Last night, just as I was about to post on the Council's vote on appointing a task force to explore the possibility of setting up a Metro broadband network, my Comcast broadband service went out (as it has on several occasions in the past year). Irony. Even more irritating is the fact that I have to wait for them to come out sometime between 8 and noon tomorrow. There's got to be a better way to run broadband service. If Metro eventually does set up a broadband network, let's hope they don't run it like Comcast runs their private one.

I will be posting to Enclave whenever I can, but I am basically beholden to a corporation whom I pay a lot of money, but who can offer me nothing more than the option of waiting for four hour periods to come figure out what the problem is and try to fix it. They'll also probably send out some sub-contractor loosely connected to the company who may screw up more than he might fix. It's happened before. And then I have to call them and let them know exactly how long I have lacked internet service so that they can credit my account. Once again, there's got to be a better way to manage broadband.

1 comment:

  1. You know what. Try to get a quicker service call with another company. I had AT&T and my phone went out and I had to wait 2 days or more for AT&T to fix my service. Come on companies are not designed to be able to send someone out immediately.

    ReplyDelete