Sunday, August 03, 2008

Would New Council Noise Ordinance Help or Hinder Neighborhoods Burdened with Nuisance Noise?

It looks like a resolution to be introduced on first reading by Eric Crafton, Jim Gotto and Anna Page will do away with decibel level limits in the noise code and prohibit any noise (except in the central and commercial core zonings) that is "plainly audible" from the nearest residential property.  Ostensibly, this would seem to simplify matters, since people don't generally own decibel meters, but I would like to hear more discussion.  Would this code change aid or constrain neighborhoods dealing with unruly noise issues?

1 comment:

  1. I don't see how this is feasible in dense urban areas -- I can easily hear my neighbors talking through our wooden fence in East Nashville, never mind if they [or I] turn on a radio. It's part of life in the city.

    ReplyDelete