Saturday, July 28, 2007

Davidson County Democrats Gather at Gore Dinner

I was fortunate enough to meet up and speak with several candidates (like photographed Megan Barry) and campaign staffers last night at the DCD's Al Gore Dinner. After asking Richard Exton whom he thought I should vote for at-Large, I enjoyed a nice fare of steak and salmon and I listened to Bill Purcell pay a sweet tribute to his wife for his successes as Mayor. The very effective keynote speaker, Harold Ford, Jr., rallied the troops for the 2008 elections. I also got to talk with musician Will Kimbrough about playing gigs at Republican fundraisers and the trials of blogging. Finally, the ever resourceful, plugged-in Dem, Sean Braisted, kept our wine glasses full when bottle-bearing servers could not be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment