Thursday, August 02, 2007

"Manifest Destiny"?!

That was one angry Bob Clement giving his speech tonight after finishing a close second (24%)--which seems akin to finishing last for a popular former U.S. Representative from one of Tennessee's renowned political families having a hugely financed campaign--to Karl Dean (24%). I'm not sure whether he was just following a handler's advice to be more passionate, but "Angry Bob" embraced the anti-immigration mantle and said something to the effect that Nashville should claim its "Manifest Destiny." Was he saying that Nashvillians have some kind of divine right to expand and acquire new territories? Should Texans (or maybe just Belle Meadeans) worry?

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I'm sorry I don't watch the news.. Clement is history..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Angry Bob sure was fiesty tonight. I can't help but think that has a limited scope of appeal. I hope.

    I giggled a bit at the Manifest Destiny. Really, didn't the shine wear off that idea a long time ago??

    I also hope Dean stays far, far away from immigration. I am so disappointed [but rarely suprised] in a number of folks on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya'll really hate Bob, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not at all. I especially like him as a former U.S. Representative.

    ReplyDelete